Monday, March 4, 2013

Quotes By Famous People

Sometimes, when I look at my children, 
I say to myself, 'Lillian, you should have remained a virgin.'
- Lillian Carter 
(mother of Jimmy Carter)

<><> 

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. 
But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: 
- 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.' 
- Eleanor Roosevelt 

<><> 

Last week, I stated this woman was 
the ugliest woman I had ever seen. 
I have since been visited by her sister, 
and now wish to withdraw that statement. 
- Mark Twain 

<><> 

The secret of a good sermon is to have a 
good beginning and a good ending; 
and to have the two as close together as possible 
- George Burns 

<><> 

Santa Claus has the right idea. 
Visit people only once a year. 
- Victor Borge 

<><> 

Be careful about reading health books. 
You may die of a misprint. 
- Mark Twain 

<><> 

By all means, marry. 
If you get a good wife, 
you'll become happy; 
if you get a bad one, 
you'll become a philosopher. 
- Socrates 

<><> 

I was married by a judge. 
I should have asked for a jury. 
- Groucho Marx 

<><> 

My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. 
Every now and then she stops to breathe. 
- Jimmy Durante 

<><> 

I have never hated a man enough 
to give his diamonds back. 
- Zsa Zsa Gabor 

<><> 

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass 
all four essential food groups: 
alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. 
- Alex Levine 

<><> 

My luck is so bad that if I bought a cemetery, 
people would stop dying. 
- Rodney Dangerfield 

<><> 

Money can't buy you happiness .... 
But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. 
- Spike Milligan 

<><> 

Until I was thirteen, 
I thought my name was SHUT UP . 
- Joe Namath 

<><> 

I don't feel old. 
I don't feel anything until noon. 
Then it's time for my nap. 
- Bob Hope 

<><> 

I never drink water because of the 
disgusting things that fish do in it. 
- W. C. Fields 

<><> 

We could certainly slow the aging process down 
if it had to work its way through Congress. 
- Will Rogers 

<><> 

Don't worry about avoiding temptation. 
As you grow older, it will avoid you. 
- Winston Churchill 

<><> 

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty. 
But everything else starts to wear out, 
fall out, or spread out. 
- Phyllis Diller 

<><> 

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step, 
he's too old to go anywhere. 
- Billy Crystal 

<><> 

And the cardiologist' s diet: 
If it tastes good spit it out. 



May your troubles be less, 
may your blessings be more, 
and may nothing but happiness 
come through your door.

No comments:

Post a Comment