Thursday, December 17, 2015

35 years ago - Remembering Mt. St Helens

R.T. Williams  <https://www.facebook.com/rtinjpn/posts/10205800563247483> .
35 years ago, on May 18, 1980, Mt. St. Helens erupted in Washington State, and dropped a large amount of volcanic ash on our city. On that day, noon was like the darkest midnight you can imagine, and it felt like it was snowing. I was a junior high school student. On a private group that I help manage, a man named Bob Juarez posted these photos all from my hometown, Moses Lake, WA. The first photo of the clean up in front of McDonalds has both of my big brothers in the photo. This was the day after, but you can still see how the whole place was clouded with this stuff. Most of the photos from this era are really bad, grainy scans of 110 instamatic cameras. These are great photos. Since I couldn't do a "share," I downloaded them all and am reposting them.













No comments:

Post a Comment