Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DEAR IRS . . .


One brave soul actually sent this letter to the IRS, and after some research . . . I believe it to to be true.

Dear IRS,

I am sorry to inform you that I will  not be able to pay taxes owed April 15, but all is not lost.

I have paid these taxes: accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL tax,  cigarette tax, corporate income tax, dog licence tax, federal income tax, unemployment tax,  gasoline tax, hunting licence tax, fishing licence tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax,  inventory tax, liquor tax, luxury tax, medicare  tax, city, school and county property tax (up 33 percent last 4 years), real estate tax, social  security tax, road usage tax, toll road tax, state  and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax,  state franchise tax, state unemployment tax,  telephone federal excise tax, telephone federal  state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum  usage surcharge tax, telephone state and local  tax, utility tax, vehicle licence registration tax, capitol gains tax, lease severance tax, oil  and gas assessment tax, property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma and New Mexico sales  tax, and many more that I can't recall but I have  run out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest mistake. Please  treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and  ex-Congressman Tom Dashelle and, of course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.


P.S.  I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.

Ed Barnett, Wichita Falls
(A REAL  LETTER)

Unfortunately, I did not put dates when I saved these email forwards on my word files . . . and often they had already been circulating around awhile anyway.  But the best date I can find for this email forward is in March of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment