Sunday, June 9, 2013

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER


When I say that 'I am a Christian', 
I am not shouting that 'I am clean living’.


I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and forgiven.' 



When I say 'I am a Christian', I don't speak of this with pride. 

I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.



When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not trying to be strong. 

I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. 


When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not bragging of success. 
I'm admitting I have failed and need Gods help to clean my mess.

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not claiming to be perfect. 
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.




When I say 'I am a Christian', I still feel the sting of pain. 
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. 

When I say 'I am a Christian', I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow! 



Pretty is as pretty does but . . . 



Beautiful is just plain beautiful.
 


BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER




October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment